O’Dark 30 Beer Competition Info
Registration is closed.
Entry registration is closed.
An entry will only be accepted if all of the following is correct:
- ENTRY MUST BE FROM A PAID 2020 SBL MEMBER
- ***ENTRY MUST BE DARKER/GREATER THAN 30 SRM*** Color as expressed in the Standard Reference Method (SRM) from the American Society of Brewing Chemists (ASBC). For those outside the United States that use the European Brewing Convention (EBC) color method, note that an EBC value is roughly double the equivalent SRM value. For those familiar with the Lovibond system, Lovibond is roughly equivalent to SRM for colors that exist in all but the darkest beers. For the purists out there, we're talking about what is distinguishable to a judge using their eyes, not chemists using analytical equipment in a laboratory setting.
- Any ABV
- 2 standard bottles per entry (1 entry = two 12 oz bottles/cans or a minimum of one 24 oz bomber bottle)
- Entry label must be printed and attached to each of the bottles. Hand written if absolutely necessary but must have the same fields as printed label.
- Entry must arrive prior to the shipping/drop off date
- No more than 3 entries per brewer/household
- Competition capped at 50 entries max
BJCP 2015 Judging Styles
If a style's name is hyperlinked, it has specific entry requirements. Click or tap on the name to view the subcategory's requirements.
|3D Czech Dark Lager||8B Schwarzbier||9B Eisbock|
|9C Baltic Porter||13C English Porter||15B Irish Stout|
|15C Irish Extra Stout||16A Sweet Stout||16B Oatmeal Stout|
|16C Tropical Stout||16D Foreign Extra Stout||19C American Brown Ale|
|20A American Porter||20B American Stout||20C Imperial Stout|
|27A8 Pre-Prohibition Porter||27A9 London Brown Ale||30B Autumn Seasonal Beer|
|30C Winter Seasonal Beer||32A Classic Style Smoked Beer||32B Specialty Smoked Beer|
|33A Wood-Aged Beer||33B Specialty Wood-Aged Beer||34A Clone Beer|
|34B Mixed-Style Beer||34C Experimental Beer|
Number of Bottles Required Per Entry: 2
Judging Session Locations and Dates
Best of Show
Places will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for Best of Show. The Best of Show judging will be determined by a Best of Show panel based on a second judging of the top winners. The 1st place entry in each table will advance to the Best of Show (BOS) round with a single, overall Best of Show selected.
The awards ceremony will take place once judging has completed. Additional prizes may be awarded to those winners present at the awards ceremony at the discretion of the competition organizers.
Awards will be available for pick up after the ceremony concludes. Awards not picked up will be mailed or handed out to participants. Results will be posted to the competition web site after the award ceremony concludes.
Brian & Suzie’s house
28 Hartland Court Savannah, GA 31407
Saturday, October 24, 2020 6:00 PM, EDT
Savannah Brewers League Competitor of the Year